lunes, 11 de abril de 2011

Ayers explica su decisión

En una carta dirigida a Ben Smith (POLITICO.com), Nick Ayers, que se instalará en Minneapolis a partir del 25 de abril, explica por qué ha decidido unirse al equipo del Gobernador Pawlenty:

I accepted the position with peace of mind and a deep confidence in the candidate, his family, and the mission ahead, but it was not an easy decision. I did not believe I would join a presidential campaign this cycle for a few reasons. Jamie and I wanted nothing more than to enjoy a quiet few years back home in Georgia with our friends, family, and church that we have missed so much while in Washington at the RGA. I was confident and hopeful Georgia would be the place where we would be permanently after the 2010 cycle. We have thoroughly enjoyed our time back in our home state since December. Running a presidential campaign would obviously pull us away from that.

Also, opportunities in the private sector were serious and abundant and would have allowed me to achieve a degree of personal financial security that my family has not yet had (at least as much financial security as any of us can have during the Obama presidency).

Last, I have other personal friends in addition to Governor Pawlenty that I respect who are running for president, or seriously considering it. The thought of making a public decision about supporting one of them I presumed would be difficult.

These factors and others had virtually ruled out my engagement into a presidential campaign. It was going to be much easier to sit on the sidelines in Georgia, enjoy the fruits of the private sector, and cheer on all of my friends as they jostled for the Republican nomination for president. That path would have been politically safe, financially sound, and personally very comforting. But it was not the right one.

Over the past six months, I have prayed deeply about my purpose in life and how best to utilize the talents God has given me. I wanted my decision to be wholly about how best to serve Him, not what was most politically or financially expedient for my family and me. As He often does in walks of faith, He has called me to a higher purpose. I believe that our Nation is truly on the wrong path. We need a new direction that is positive and hopeful. Simply said, we need new leadership. I believe that Governor Pawlenty is best positioned to provide that leadership. Therefore, I am pleased today to join Governor and Mrs. Pawlenty in their pursuit of the presidency.

My decision does not mean I think less of Haley Barbour, Jon Huntsman, Mitch Daniels or Newt Gingrich should they decide to run, because I do not. I know them all personally and believe in their intellect, capabilities, and principles.

My decision to join the Pawlenty campaign is in total affirmation of Governor Pawlenty's record as a conservative, two-term governor of a blue state, his character and principles and his vision for this Nation, which is second to no one running for president.

I am confident when Republican caucus-goers and primary voters begin seriously to examine what it is in a candidate that really matters, they will find that Governor Pawlenty is the complete package. Not only does his record in Minnesota match their priorities for the country, and his principles and integrity line up with theirs, but Republicans will also find that he is our best choice to unite the Party, compete in difficult regions of the country, and defeat President Obama. (...)

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

He visto la presentación del video en el que Mitt Romney anuncia la creación de un comité exploratorio. Me ha parecido muy serio, en el que el candidato transmite seriedad y sobriedad aunque a nivel de marketing es más productivo el de Tim Pawlenty. Dos muy buenos candidatos.

Como he reseñado anteriormente es destacable lo excepcionalmente bien que lo están haciendo en el Congreso, en la batalla sobre el presupuesto de 2012 contra el derrochador Obama, los Bohner, Cantor y Ryan.

Me encanta Cantor. Creo que seria un excepcional compañero de ticket para una eventual candidatura de Tim Pawlenty.


Luis