lunes, 25 de abril de 2011

¿Candidato Paul Ryan?

Según Ace of Spades todavía es posible:

(...) I’ve been wondering about this because I’d written off Ryan (“My kids are too small and my ego’s not big enough”) and yet there continue to be these mentions of him as a prospect by the conservative media.

I asked Bill Kristol about this at Breitbart’s book signing — I keep hearing Weekly Standard people, particularly, hint that Ryan is entertaining the idea of a run.

Joking around, he said, “Oh, we all just say that to each other [at the Weekly Standard]” — meaning, “We’re all psyching ourselves up with that and/or attempting to put out that rumor out there.”

Funny.

But I asked another journalist type (I won’t say who since I didn’t tell him I’d be quoting, it was a personal type question) and he said, “Well, he rules it out in his public statements but in his private statements…?” Not so much.

I asked, to be sure, if he was saying “Who knows what he says in private?” or if he was saying “I’ve heard what he says in private, and he’s not as firm on it as he is in public declarations.” He confirmed it was the latter.

I think the situation he’d be willing to consider it is if there’s no unifying, consensus figure in the primaries. (...)

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

En primer lugar desearos a todos que hayáis pasado unas felices vacaciones de Semana Santa.

De Jueves a domingo he cogido unas merecidísimas vacaciones. No estoy muy al tanto de las últimas novedades entorno a la campaña. Veo una mayor presencia de Trump y una menor presencia de Romney y Pawlenty.

Con respecto a Ryan le ubico como uno de los candidatos con mayores posibilidades a VP en Tampa el próximo año. Lo está haciendo realmente bien y está adquiriendo una presencia pública con mayores comentarios positivos que negativos en un puesto el suyo, presidente del Comité de Presupuestos de la Cámara de Representantes, muy difícil.

Un abrazo para todos

Casto Martín

Anónimo dijo...

Absolutamente de acuerdo con la reflexión de Casto Martín.

Ryan esta ganando positivamente en notoriedad y puede ser un candidato muy atractivo como runing mate. Ryan en un mano a mano contra el viejo Biden le pone mirando a Delaware y nunca mejor dicho. Biden está acabado y Obama aún más. Áire fresco..llamese Romney, Huckabee o Ryan

Anónimo dijo...

Romney - Ryan o Huckabee - Ryan

Suena bastante bien