President Obama has found the perfect person to portray Mitt Romney in mock debates meant to prepare him for the real thing this fall.
Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman John Kerry, D-Mass., Obama's choice for the key behind-the-scenes role, has all the right stuff:
- He's from Massachusetts, Romney's adopted home state.
- He has firsthand knowledge of presidential debates from his own candidacy in 2004.
- He helped Sen. Edward Kennedy defeat Romney in Kennedy's re-election race in 1994.
- He has studied Romney ever since -- for 18 years.
- He is uber-wealthy, like Romney.
- Like Obama, he is a strong debater -- a quality that helped him beat back a strong challenge from former Massachusetts governor William Weld in 1996.
"There is no one that has more experience or understanding of the presidential debate process than John Kerry," said Obama campaign consultant David Axelrod. "He's an expert debater who has a fundamental mastery of a wide range of issues, including Mitt Romney's Massachusetts. He's the obvious choice."
martes, 19 de junio de 2012
John Kerry hará de Romney para Obama