lunes, 23 de mayo de 2011

Daniels está fuera

Motivos familiares:
DANIELS: Over the last year and a half, a large and diverse group of people have suggested to me an idea that I never otherwise would have considered, that I run for President. I’ve asked for time to think it over carefully, but these good people have been very patient and I owe them an answer.

The answer is that I will not be a candidate. What could have been a complicated decision was in the end very simple: on matters affecting us all, our family constitution gives a veto to the women’s caucus, and there is no override provision. Simply put, I find myself caught between two duties. I love my country; I love my family more.

I am deeply concerned, for the first time in my life, about the future of our Republic. In the next few years Americans will decide two basic sets of questions: Who’s in charge here? Should the public sector protect and promote the private sector or dominate and direct it? Does the government work for the people or vice versa?

And, are we Americans still the kind of people who can successfully govern ourselves, discipline ourselves financially, put the future and our children’s interests ahead of the present and our own?

I am confident that the answers will reaffirm the liberty and vitality of our nation, and hope to play some small part in proving that view true.

2 comentarios:

Boni Guerrero Canto dijo...

Podría esto favorecer una sorpresiva presentación de un Christie? A quién crees Antxon que beneficie más de los precandidatos? a Romney porque la mayoría de los pro-Daniel son conservadores fiscales o a Pawlenty?

Antxon G. dijo...

Beneficia a Romney porque apuntala su favoritismo. Aunque también representa una oportunidad tanto para Pawlenty como para Huntsman porque tendrán que pelearse con menos candidatos por el puesto de "alternativa a Romney".

No creo que Christie entre. Ni Jeb. Ni Ryan. Creo que se rpesentarán los que ya estamos viendo.