lunes, 28 de febrero de 2011

Branstad opina de los candidatos

El Gobernador Terry Branstad, de Iowa, da su opinión sobre los posibles candidatos:

(...) "If Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann participate, this could break all records and could get to be really really wide open and very interesting," (...) "What really intrigues me is I've seen the kinds of crowds that Michele Bachmann or Sarah Palin can draw and we have not had these kind of strong women candidates before. That's another dimension that is kind of intriguing, I guess," he said.

(...) On Mike Huckabee: "Huckabee obviously won the state last time; you gotta consider him the favorite. I'm not even sure he's going to run. But if he does, I think he's obviously the favorite."

On Tim Pawlenty: "Pawlenty, from neighboring state of Minnesota, was a very fine governor there. I think certainly somebody to look at and I think he's going about it in the right way. He's putting an organization together."

On Haley Barbour: "We have a lot of respect for Haley. He did a great job with Republican Governors Association. I go way back with him when he was chair of the Republican Party and I was chair of the Republican governors. Don't underestimate Haley."

On Mitch Daniels: "We think he was the first governor that really took the fiscal bull by the horns and has wrestled it to the ground in Indiana. I think you've got other governors now who are saying, [Chris] Christie and [Scott] Walker, and many many others that are taking this on now."

On Rick Santorum: "There are a lot of social conservatives in Iowa."

On Mitt Romney: "My guess is Romney has a little different strategy. He's not going to spend as much money or as much organization in Iowa. But I think he recognizes that the does need to compete in Iowa if he's going to run again. I think that's important. I think he recognizes that he's not the favorite in Iowa. On the other hand, if he does compete and do better than people expect -- last time the problem was he was the favorite." (...)

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Últimamente no hay demasiadas noticias de Huntsman. A mi juicio el mejor candidato que podrían presentar los republicanos.